The highly anticipated 1.21 update, dubbed “The End Update,” is speculated to be released in 2024. This update is expected to bring significant enhancements to the End dimension, introducing new biomes, mobs, items, and potentially a formidable new boss.
Additions to the End Dimension
- Void Touched Plains:
- Features a unique tree called Void Touched Trees.
- These trees can be used to craft weapons with a special effect known as “Voided,” which weakens enemies and makes them more susceptible to damage.
- Broken Citadel:
- This biome houses towers and other structures.
- Players will face traps like pressure plates with TNT and dispensers with arrows.
- Advancement “Traps everywhere” is granted upon entering this biome.
- The ultimate challenge is facing the new boss, ‘End Demon,’ located in the treasure room.
- Defeating the boss rewards players with Elytra.
- End Wilds:
- A rare biome featuring new structures.
- Contains a rare item known as ‘Ender Fist’ (more details in the new weapons section).
- End City:
- This city has undergone a significant rework, becoming more complex and challenging to explore.
- It includes large skyscrapers filled with loot.
- At its center is the ‘Ender Dome.’
- Found at Y-64, this biome is comprised of new blocks – ‘Sky Obsidian,’ ‘Soft Obsidian,’ and ‘Skulk’ (introduced in 1.19).
- Sky Obsidian, a netherite-like ore, can be mined in this biome and requires a diamond or netherite pickaxe.
- Sky Obsidian can be smelted into ingots, which are used to craft a new set of armors and weapons. It is more powerful than netherite.
- Void Touched Log
- Void Touched Purpur Blocks
- Soft Obsidian
- Block of Sky Obsidian
- Sky Obsidian Ore
- Box Block (functions like a shulker box)
- New set of weapons: Void Touched and Sky Obsidian
- New set of armor: Sky Obsidian, known for its exceptional durability.
- New shield: Sky Obsidian Shield, a superior alternative to the iron shield.
- New weapon type: Fists, including ‘The Ender Fist’ and ‘Wither Fist.’
- Various new enchanted books, including Potion Hoster, Echo, Leeching, Chilling, and Deflect.
- Redstone Golem (Utility)
- Enderlings (Hostile)
- Endersent (Hostile)
- Blastlings (Hostile)
- Ender Demon (Boss)
- Found in various biomes within the End dimension.
- These mobs can be tamed and have the ability to fly.
With the speculated 1.21 update, Minecraft players can look forward to an extensive revamp of the End dimension, introducing a plethora of new features, challenges, and opportunities for exploration and combat.